With the NXT, it is not necessary to generate recipes in order to transmit the job to the machine. Reports are only generated during the recipe generation process. Therefore, in order to view reports, it is necessary to generate recipes. If data in the job has been changed that needs to be reflected in a report, then recipes need to be regenerated for the change to be reflected (e.g., feeder position has been moved, part has been added).
3.6.1 Manually generating reports
1. Select [Generate Recipes…] from the [Tools] menu to display the [Select Machine] dialog box.
2. Select the NXT machine, and click [OK] to generate recipes.
3. Click [Yes] in the message to confirm that recipes for the selected machines are to be generated.
4. The [Generate Recipes] dialog box displays. In this dialog box, the status of the recipe generation process displays along with any errors. If any errors occur, click [Error Details] to display further details. Click [Close] when all of the recipes have been generated.
Note: Reports for the selected machines are automatically generated when recipes are generated. To display the available reports, double-click [Report] found in the page for the [Top] or [Bottom] tab.
3.6.2 Automatically generating reports when the job is saved
When this option is used, reports and recipes for all machines are automatically generated every time the job is saved. This does increase the amount of time it takes to save a job.
1. Select [Options…] from the [Tools] menu and the [Options] dialog box displays.
2. Select the [Recipe Creation] tab.
3. To generate recipes and reports every time a job is saved, select the check box for [Generate recipes on save] and click [OK]
Note: To display the available reports, double-click [Report] found in the page for the [Top] or [Bottom] tab. To stop Fuji Flexa from generating recipes and reports every time a job is saved, perform the above procedures, but clear the check box for [Generate recipes on save].