The model 4695A tape feeder is available to process a wide range of punched or embossed component tapes. Reel loaded feeders can be kept in readiness for installation on the GSMxs.
Each feeder is dedicated to a tape width and index pitch. The electrical and pneumatic connections are engaged when the feeder is mounted to the GSMxs.
Modular design of the feeder permits quick feeder changeover on the GSMxs while the machine is cycling.
Select a dedicated tape feeder for the following tape sizes and index.
8mm (2 or 4mm index)
12mm (4, 8, or 12mm index)
16mm (4, 8, 12, or 16mm index)
24mm (4, 8, 12, 16, 20, or 24mm index)
32mm (4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, or 32mm index)
44mm (4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36 or 40mm index)
56mm (4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36 or 40mm index)
Feeder design is based on EIA-481-1, EIA-481-2, and EIA-481-3 standards. Punched carrier, embossed carrier tapes, reels and components meeting the above standards are processed by these feeders. Reference Technical Specifications section where limi- tations apply.
The following sequence of events describe the tape feeder functions. The numbers in parenthesis relate to the callouts on the tape feeder.
(1) A component tape reel is mounted on the component reel holder.
(2) The component tape is routed beneath the take-up reel to the index wheel.
(3) The component tape is advanced through the feeder using the feeder index tool.
(4) Pins on the index wheel engage holes in the component tape advancing components to the pickup position.
(5) The top mylar cover tape is threaded back over the peeler blade to the take-up reel while the empty component carrier tape is routed out through the carrier tape scrap guide.
(6) The latch locks and releases the feeder on the GSMxs.